Thursday, August 26, 2021
Gametime 7:05 PM
1 Patriots Park, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Cheer alongside families in the New Jersey disability rights community and enjoy a spirited evening outdoors. Share the love as we enjoy our group seating locations and a scoreboard recognition of our group. Individuals with differing abilities will be participating in pre-game events. Stay for postgame fireworks! Fun for the whole family!
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
5:30 PM Cocktail hour
6:30 PM Plated dinner and event
The Palace at Somerset Park, 333 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873*
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend an evening of celebration as we safely gather for the 2022 Celebration of Abilities. At this event we recognize New Jersey’s leaders in advocacy for individuals who are differently abled. A cocktail hour will be followed by a plated dinner and awards event. Musical performances by the PLAN|NJ Life Plan Band with the Vincent Troyani Jazz Trio.
Click on the button below to purchase tickets online and for sponsorship details.
Educational Webinars for Families and Professionals
PLAN|NJ educates and serves individuals with disabilities, their families, and service providers through an educational program, The Need for Legal and Estate Planning for the Future Care of People with Developmental or Psychiatric Disabilities. Our seminars and educational exhibit sessions have been co-sponsored by The New Jersey State Bar Foundation since 2006.
Currently, we are offering families and professionals in-depth, individualized information remotely through live and recorded webinars, presented by local and state partner agencies.
For a calendar of upcoming webinars, along with the local or state partners presenting these virtual events, contact Melanie Miquel at Melanie.Miquel@plannj.org or 908-575-8300 ext. 28
Topics covered include:
- Legal, estate, and independent living planning for individuals with disabilities
- Special Needs Trusts, Legal guardianship, and protections that are alternatives to guardianship, such as Powers of Attorney, Healthcare Proxies, Psychiatric Advanced Directives and Representative Payee for Social Security benefits
- Protecting legal and civil rights and promoting self-determination and supported decision making under guardianship
- How to leverage public and private resources to identify and sustain safe, community-based homes
- Disability-related legislation including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA); Medicaid and Social Security legislation and regulations and Special Needs Trust provisions; Housing and Urban Development Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the ABLE Act, and others
- How to obtain maximum resources to assist individuals to live, work, and go to school in the least restrictive settings, and to prepare for the future care of their loved ones in all areas of legal and financial planning
- ABLE accounts and how they compare to Special Needs Trusts
CIRCLE OF SUPPORT
"A Talk With Families"
The stories of three families with loved ones who have disabilities and who use PLAN|NJ's trust administration and care coordination services are told through interviews conducted in their homes by Executive Director Ellen Nalven.
GET IN TOUCH
Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of New Jersey PLAN|NJ
PO Box 547
Somerville, NJ 08876-0547
PROUD MEMBERS OF:
Alliance for the Betterment of Citizens with Disabilities
Association of People Supporting Employment First
National Alliance on Mental Illness
National Guardianship Association
National PLAN Alliance
SOMETHING MISSING? LET US KNOW.
We work hard to provide relevant and current information. If you feel something is missing or needs to be corrected, please contact us via our contact form HERE.
PLAN | NJ - Lifetime Advocacy for People with Differing Abilities
PLAN|NJ’s mission is to help families of individuals with disabilities answer all of the challenging questions embedded within the larger one:
“Who will care for my loved one when I am gone?”
We coordinate the supports needed by individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities, and challenges with mental health, including people with autism, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, severe mental illness and more.
If you speak Spanish and would like more information or need to schedule a consultation, please contact:
Nancy Dilliplane, Director of Trust Services
Bilingual assistance: 908-575-8300 ext 15