PLAN|NJ can provide short-term, time-limited case management or advocacy to resolve an issue or concern on an as-needed basis for an individual with disabilities.
We can advocate:
- Within the complexities of the health and social service systems
- For appropriate services – and levels of service – from providers of housing, employment, day programs, medical, financial, and legal services
- To resolve concerns and address needs
- For personal needs, and hire professionals to assist
When an individual with disabilities becomes a part of the PLAN|NJ community, they and their families are ensured a lifetime of uninterrupted support. Our Case Management services help coordinate their care, negotiate the disability and mental health service systems, represent family concerns with short-term advocacy efforts, assist with applications for public benefits and other social services, and more.
Generally, Case Management is the term that encompasses Social Services such as Advocacy, Home VIsit Monitoring, and Guardianship. We provide comprehensive social services and address unmet needs. These services coordinate care to improve quality of life and access to community support services and resources. Fees for advocacy, home visit monitoring, and guardianship services are calculated on the basis of the number and type of visits desired by the individuals and families and estimated annual hours of service provided.
- Establish necessary supports while encouraging independence
- Promote healthy life decisions by developing person-centered support Travel to visit individuals at home, attend medical and other appointments and advocate on their behalf
- Confirm financial obligations are met and personal needs addressed
- Advocate for appropriate services related to housing, employment, day programs, medical, financial, legal, and other providers
- Negotiate the disability and mental health service systems
- Coordinate advocacy efforts for families and represent family concerns
- Assist with applications for public benefits and other social services
- Organize private, nursing home, and/or hospice care
- Maintain contact during life transitions
- Increase personal contact when health or other crises occur
- Act as “first responder” when the need for assistance arises
- Protect safety and well-being during natural disasters
home visit monitoring
This flagship service is inherent in Guardianship services, but can also be selected as a stand-alone Case Management service. PLAN|NJ can act as a sibling, parent, or other family member’s ‘eyes and ears’ to protect and advocate for the well-being of their loved ones with disabilities. We visit individuals at home and in person, regularly and consistently, to assess needs and desires.
We may share in daily activities such as grocery shopping, have a meal or cup of coffee, or provide a ride to visit the doctor. This service supports siblings who serve as Guardians and may live far away who want to simply know their loved one is safe and well.
Our experienced service coordinators are able to:
- Encourage relationships with neighbors, family, and friends
- Help them try new recreational activities and go shopping
- Celebrate birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions
- Attend medical and other appointments and advocate on their behalf
- Support healthy life decisions by promoting person-centered support
- Advocate for quality services from providers of housing, employment, day program, medical, financial, and legal service
- Serve as an emergency contact and make hospital visits as needed
After every visit, we communicate with family members who cannot see their loved ones regularly and document the visit in confidential records.
CIRCLE OF SUPPORT
"A Talk With Families"
The stories of three families with loved ones who have disabilities and who use PLAN|NJ's trust administration and care coordination services are told through interviews conducted in their homes by Executive Director Ellen Nalven.
GET IN TOUCH
Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of New Jersey PLAN|NJ
PO Box 547
Somerville, NJ 08876-0547
PROUD MEMBERS OF:
Alliance for the Betterment of Citizens with Disabilities
Association of People Supporting Employment First
Alliance for Pooled Trusts
National Alliance on Mental Illness
National Guardianship Association
National PLAN Alliance
Supportive Housing Association of New Jersey
SOMETHING MISSING? LET US KNOW.
We work hard to provide relevant and current information. If you feel something is missing or needs to be corrected, please contact us via our contact form HERE.
PLAN|NJ = Lifetime Advocacy for People with Disabilities
PLAN|NJ’s mission is to help family members of people with disabilities answer the question:
“Who will care for my loved one when I'm gone?”
We coordinate the supports needed by individuals with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities, and challenges with mental health, including people with autism, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, severe mental illness and more.
Si usted habla español y quisiera mas información sobre nuestros servicios o si desea una consulta con PLAN\NJ, por favor comuníquese con
Nancy Dilliplane, Director of Trust Services, para asistencia bilingüe: 908-575-8300, extensión 15